The hardest part of any diet is the inevitable situation of suddenly craving all the foods that you can’t have. Going no-carb? You want pasta. Going no meat? Doesn’t that steak sound great?
It’s just the way we’re wired, but the good news is that when it comes to keto there are options to avoid failing and avoid that springboard trap of putting lost weight back on.
Keto is Fantastic Weight Loss Program: Click below to see success stories
So let’s dive into the fix of learning to cook keto-friendly meals that are delicious and can quickly replace the foods that we can no longer have on the weight loss journey. So let’s jump in!
Tip! There is an option to download 21 more Keto recipes at the end of this article for FREE
Keto Never Tasted So Good!
The bacon, sausage, and eggs can stay, but that buttered toast, French toast, and pancakes have to go! Or do they?
While you have to get creative with the type of flour you use, there are keto recipes for great alternatives like blueberry pancakes that are keto-friendly and can replace their non-keto friendly counterparts!
Recipe 1: Keto pancakes with blueberries and whipped cream
- 4 eggs
- 7 oz. of cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp of ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 oz. of butter or coconut oil
- 2 oz. of fresh berries
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- Add the eggs, psyllium husk, and cottage cheese to a medium-sized bowl and stir together. Let the mixture sit for five to ten minutes to thicken.
- Heat up oil or butter in a non-stick pan. Fry the pancake mixture on low-medium heat for three to four minutes. Each side should be golden brown.
- Whip cream in a separate bowl until there are soft peaks.
- Plate the pancakes with whipped cream and berries on top.
Recipe 2: Salmon burgers with green mash
For lunchtime nothing beats a salmon lunch with a side of salad. It’s light, filling, protein-filled and will give you a burst of keto-friendly energy without weighing too heavily on the stomach. Not a salmon fan? Try a keto-friendly stir fry (hold the rice unless it’s cauliflower) or classic pork chop with cauliflower mashed potatoes – yum!
- 1½ lbs of salmon
- 1 egg
- ½ yellow onion
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 2 oz. of butter
- 1 lb fo broccoli
- 5 oz. of butter
- 2 oz. of grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 220°F (100°C). Cut the salmon into small pieces and place the other burger ingredients into a food processor.
- Pulse for 30 seconds until the mixture is coarse.
- Shape five burgers and fry them for four to five minutes on each side with medium heat. Use a generous amount of butter or oil. Keep these warm in the over when finished.
- Trim, peel, and chop broccoli into small pieces.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the broccoli until soft. Drain and blend with parmesan cheese.
- Serve the salmon burgers with a side of green mash. Top with salt, pepper, and lemon.
More Keto Success Stories!
Recipe 3: Chicken alfredo pasta
So pasta is out, right? That’s one thing keto can’t copy, right? Wrong! There are keto-friendly pastas made from things other than wheat flour but it’s crucial to make sure you look for a low carb sauce that doesn’t use sugar like most pasta sauces do.
- 4 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- ¾ cup of water
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ cup of ground psyllium husk powder
- 4 tbsp of coconut flour
- 1½ tsp of salt
Chicken and veggies
- 8 oz. of bacon
- 2 lbs of chicken breasts
- 1 of tbsp butter
- 5 oz. of sliced mushrooms
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1¼ cups of heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup of whole milk
- 3 oz. of shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp of green pesto
- salt and ground black pepper for seasoning
- Set the oven to 300°F (150°C). Whisk eggs and yolks until fluffy. Add water and olive oil.
- Mix with dry ingredients and whisk into the egg batter. Let the mixture sit for seven minutes before stirring.
- Spread batter onto sheets of parchment and place plastic wrap over top.
- Remove the plastic wrap and bake for ten minutes. Let it cool and roll the pasta into logs and cut into thin strips.
- Fry bacon until crispy in a frying pan on high heat then set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper, and fry over medium heat.
- Fry peppers and mushrooms in the same frying pan until they are soft.
- Bring cream and milk to boil in a saucepan. Star in the parmesan, garlic, and pasta. Let simmer until creamy.
- Mix the pasta with the vegetables and pour the sauce on top. Toss and serve!
Recipe 4: Chocolate chip cookies
And finally there are keto-friendly desserts designed to mimic cookies, ice cream, candy bars, brownies, and more. Having a keto friendly snack can put the hunger gremlins away while you’re still living your best foodie life!
- 1 cup of almond flour
- ¼ tsp of baking soda
- ¼ tsp of cream of tartar (optional)
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1⁄3 cup of erythritol
- 2½ oz. of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 oz. of sugar-free baking chocolate chips
- Whisk together almond flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Combine granulated sweetener and melted butter using a mixer in a sperate bowl. Add egg, vanilla, and mix until combined. Add dry ingredients, chocolate chips, and mix together.
- Place the cookie dough on plastic wrap or parchment paper. Shape the dough into circles and wrap the plastic wrap around the dough and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cookie dough on the baking sheet and gently press down on each slice to flatten. Bake for eight to ten minutes until golden on edges.
- Set cookies aside to cool for fifteen minutes and enjoy!
Some Keto Transformation!
Say Yes To a Balanced Diet
A balanced diet includes different types of food in the correct proportion that will keep you healthy and happy. Your daily diet plan should include grains, vegetables, fruits and protein. Cut down on fat and sweetened food items.
Snack on fruits and raw vegetables that will ensure loads of vitamins, fiber and minerals apart from making you feel full without the risk of piling up pounds.
Paleo keto diet recipes
Paleo keto diet recipes offer a lot of choices for every palate including meat, poultry and fish. Include goose meat or deer meat in your diet to ensure ample supply of minerals and vitamins. A varied diet plan will go a long way in keeping you healthy.
Paleo Keto diet recipes enable you to try out vegetables like broccoli and carrots that you may not be including regularly in your diet. These are good sources of vitamins and folic acid and slacken the process of ageing. Instead of eating big meals, incorporate a variety of vegetables into your diet on a regular basis.
Try out any of these new diet plans that will offer an interesting line up of dishes and recipes that you can splurge on without the risk of gaining weight.
Sheetal Sharma, Msc. ‘Applied Nutrition’ is the medical editor & co-founder of HealthBuzzPortal. Being a Yoga enthusiasts she likes exploring alternative remedies.